Discovery algorithms and analytical techniques offered by KnowMiner can roughly be grouped into following categories:
- Crawling and import: accessing remote repositories to gather and import information which is stored there.
- Information Retrieval: comprehensive search functionality in content and metadata including statistical and semantic-based features.
- Information Extraction: Extraction of structured, semantic information from text, including named entity extraction and disambiguation, part-of-speech tagging, document structure detection, as well as other text transformations.
- Statistical mining: classification of documents into predetermined categories, grouping related documents into previously unknown categories (clustering), as well as discovery of relationships between concepts.
- Semantic mining: enrichment, evolution and integration of knowledge repositories and knowledge structures.
- Information and knowledge visualization: visual analysis of patterns in complex information, explorative navigation and communication of knowledge.